Last Modified: May 27, 2020
Unless otherwise noted, all terms have the same definition as in the Unhangout Terms of Service.
2. Information that Unhangout Collects
Unhangout provides a platform that allows users to communicate and gather together online.
In order to provide our Services, Unhangout collects may collect different information from or about you. The information collected is as follows:
- Automatically Collected Information — Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and record information from your browser or your device which may that is transmitted as part of standard Internet traffic. This includes your IP address, what type of device and browser you’re using, the previous page you were on, and the page or feature you requested. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s disclosure of information, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features. Automatically collected information may include length of session, message metadata, as well as other information related to communications in sessions.
- Cookies — In order to keep you logged into the Services, Unhangout may use “cookies,” or small files that Unhangout can send to your browser for storage on your device. They make the use of these Services easier to navigate by saving preferences, remembering your login information, and recalling other aspects of your use of these Services. While most browsers allow you to disable cookies, we recommend that you leave cookies enabled so as not to interfere with the full functionality of these Services.
- Voluntarily Disclosed Information — When you use the Services, you will have the opportunity to provide us with some information directly. For example, some functions of the Services require you to register for an account, where we will ask you for information that may include your username, email address, Twitter handle, user image, and password. We may also collect other information you directly give us as you build your user profile or use our Services.
- User Generated Content — Some portions of the Services may allow you to post or transmit content (“User Generated Content”). For example, the Services may allow you to create, share, edit, or post notes within sessions. You may also be able to create events, which may include publicly viewable or findable events. You may post User Generated Content at your sole discretion, but please note that some User Generated Content may be publicly available or viewable to others. Do not post any sensitive personal information as User Generated Content.
3. Use of Collected Information
Unhangout uses the information collected as described above to develop and maintain the Services, comply with legal obligations, for research and educational purposes, and for any purpose for which you provide consent.
We may communicate with you via email or text message to verify your account, notify you about our privacy practices and activity on the Services, inform you of changes to our policies and procedures, or to otherwise facilitate the operation of the Services. Please note, if we communicate with you via text message, standard rates may apply.
4. Disclosure of Information
Unhangout may disclose the information above in the following circumstances:
- Third-Party Services and Contractors — Unhangout may engage other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and, from time to time, may need to share your information with them to provide services to you. For example, we may use third-party services to host our web application and store user data. Any information shared for such purposes will be limited in accordance with the terms of this Policy. Please refer to the terms of service and privacy policies of our third party service providers to learn more about how they protect your privacy. Third parties we may engage with include but are not limited to:
- Public Information — Some User Content may be made available on the Services, including information users provide for their profile or during the course of conversations, meetings, or messages on the platform. Please note that any information you submit in a public portion of the site, or in a meeting accessible by others, may be viewable by others. Accordingly, only include information in such submissions that you are comfortable sharing with third parties or the general public.
- Business Transfers — If Unhangout is acquired by another company, goes into dissolution, or otherwise transfers ownership or assets, Unhangout may transfer the information it has as part of that transaction.
- Aggregate Usage Information and Analytics — We may de-identify your personal information so that you are not identified as an individual and use that information for any business purpose, including for analyzing demographic and usage information or to help identify new partners and companion services.
- Legal Compliance — We reserve the right to access, read, and disclose any information that we believe in our sole discretion is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Unhangout, our members, our users, or others.
5. Data Security and Storage
Unhangout recognizes the importance of data security and has implemented measures designed to protect the security, integrity, and confidentiality of your personal information.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records and actively work to prevent unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors that could potentially compromise security of user information.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Certain parts of the Services are protected by a password, and it is your responsibility to keep that password confidential.
6. Modification and Deletion of Information
You may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete your information through your account and profile settings. The information you can view, update, and delete may change over time. You may request that we delete your account and your data from Unhangout by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that if you request removal of your information, you may be unable to continue to utilize the Services.
7. Notice for Users Under 13
As set forth in our Terms of Service, Unhangout is not designed for or targeted at users who are under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 13 years of age without parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information about an individual under 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 13 years of age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Changes to the Policy
9. Contact Information